Sunday, March 11, 2007

Seaming updates

I have 32 squares right now, which I'm seaming up in 5 rows of 6. If I get another 3 squares, I'll knit another square as fast as I can to make it 6 rows of 6; if not, I'll give the extras to Sarah to do with as she will.

All 30 squares are now seamed into rows. Because I hate sewing, I'm picking up 50 stitches per side of each square and knitting them together with a 3-needle bindoff. (My 100-cm Addis are coming in very handy here.) I'm using Lamb's Pride in Dark Charcoal--my all-time favorite all-purpose yarn. Two rows are seamed, and the stitches are picked up for the third, so by the time I go to bed tonight there should be just one row left to seam. Then the border, then the ends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Can't wait to see it and to hear how Sarah reacts ;) Thanks for all your seaming efforts and organizing just a great knit-along for a great person!

Ewe-niss said...

Wow, is right! Thank you for taking this on. Just amazing.

Anonymous said...

Are you expecting any more squares? I would be willing to knit another one if it will help you get to 36...I feel bad thinking of someone's square not being part of the afghan (especially if it's mine!).

uberimma said...

I think I have them all--I might get surprises but I am not expecting any more. I had originally planned on turning any extras into a pillow, but I'm trying really hard to get everything done in time for the third tuesday knit-in. If not, it's going to wait until the second Sunday in April. I'm going to wrap them in tissue paper and put in a note that Sarah should consider them part of a matching future pillow!