Tuesday, March 13, 2007

And now, what you've all been waiting for...

Natural light!

Here's the best I could do of a whole-blanket shot, standing on the couch with my arms stretched waaay out. You can see most of it, along with the feet of the small person who is preventing me from doing this blanket much more quickly.

Half the blanket...

The other half...

And two as-yet-unphotographed-in-any-meaningful-way squares.

It looks as though I will not get enough squares to make another row; what I will do is seam and border in such a way that Sarah can add another row if she chooses to.

We're working on a time and place for the great presentation; it's looking as though it will be at Woven Art. Details TBA as soon as Nancy and I figure them out. I still have to do one more long seam and the border and the ends, which will take some time.

Math I did while seaming last night: 30 squares, times 4 sides, times 50 stitches picked up per side=6,000 stitches picked up.

No comments: