Friday, February 9, 2007

Log cabin square



A few years ago, Uberimma got me completely addicted to knitting log cabin squares. When I couldn't think of anything more exciting and Sarah-specific to knit for Sarah, I thought I'd go with the tried-and-true. And it required no thinking and I was using up my stash so I could feel noble while knitting it!

I made it in purple-y, pink-y, blue-y shades as requested. Let's see if I can figure out what yarn I used:

(going from the middle, then up, then clockwise)

Lamb's Pride
Handspun from some roving I bought from some place in Australia that isn't in business anymore
Knitpicks Wool of the Andes
Handspun from all the little bits of pink/purple fluff I had
Cleckheaton 8-ply
Brown Sheep Naturespun
Lite Lopi
Manos (?)
Handspun from roving I bought the first (and only) time Uberimma twisted my arm and forced me to go to Lisa Merian's to buy spinning fibre. I think that was 1998?

The next trick is to make it to the post office in time. I have been known to leave things around until friends post them for me...

Cecilia

1 comment:

uberimma said...

You'd better get to the post office! It takes a while for things to get from Australia to Chicago, and the deadline is March 1...

: )