Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Look! I am blocking...


This silly square has been a 'first' for me in many categories of knitting. And most are hard to admit :-)

  • 1st was going into a LYS for yarn for a specific project. (I didn't have anything good enough for Sarah in my stash. Most yarn I buy is bought online. I get overwhelmed with selections and frankly prices when going to the LYS. But for Sarah, I forged ahead. Made a few minor/major mistakes in the LYS, but not on this project. I love this yarn!)
  • 1st time I bought very nice yarn. I am cheap, and not really confident in my knitting - but I am getting there. (My main excuse is that I am the breadwinner of the family and my 4 kids... but really, I tend to be cheap.)
  • 1st in knitting a square, then add a specific size - oh, baby - silly thrill.
  • 1st group knitting project
  • 1st blocking to a specific size. I do block, but normally not worried about exact sizes.
My original plan was to knit this in a lattice stitch through the entire square. I fell in love with the color changes and wanted to show off the yarn. So about 3" of lattice stitch I went to straight stitch, then put in a strip of lattice, then reversed what I did to balance off the square.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very very nice! I re-started my square again on Saturday and got almost as far as I had been when I decided to rip it out the first time. This is my first group project and my first block-to-size thing too!

uberimma said...

I can't wait to see them!