
This past weekend involved a long car trip, much of which was made in the dark. I decided to take advantage by starting a second square, one that could be done in the dark with occasional busting out of a flashlight for stitch-picking-up purposes. The square in all its [badly photographed] glory:

The yarn that looks blue in the picture is actually a deep dusty purple. It's Stahl Socka Big, and the black is the same KnitPicks yarn I mentioned above. The log cabin square is the same pattern Cecilia talked about a couple of posts ago, inspired by the blanket I made when pregnant with my older son. Oh, what the heck, I'll show you that too:

I attached the squares by picking up stitches around each square and knitting them together with a 3-needle bindoff. I already bought the yarn to knit together Sarah's afghan--Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride in worsted-weight deep charcoal. Probably one of my favorite yarns ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment