Saturday, January 27, 2007

Questions

KathyK said...

Are we supposed to incorporate some kind of border stitch on all four sides? most of the squares pattern I've seen have them.
I'm thinking of a cabled square too.

Up to you. I plan on picking up stitches on each side of each square and knitting them together with a 3-needle bind-off, and then knitting a 3-row garter stitch border around the whole thing. I haven't decided what yarn to use for the border, but it will probably be either worsted-weight Lamb's Pride or Baa Baa Joes. So far as I am concerned the weight doesn't matter much, but probably worsted is best--just because a finer yarn is more likely to stretch out with the weight of what is looking like a substantially-sized blanket!

1 comment:

KathyK said...

Oh good. Cuz I didn't really want to do the garter stitch border anyway. I'm going with Cascade 220 also. So many gorgeous colors to choose from.